½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tbsp. Vanilla
1 cup large oat flakes (not instant) (can be baked for 10 minutes at 350 and let cool first)
½ cup coconut flakes
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. Salt
½ to 1 cup of chocolate chips
Note: if you choose not to add hazelnuts make sure you add a total of 1 cup of flour to this recipe
- If using hazelnuts add ½ cup white flour with 1 cup of toasted hazelnuts to a food processor and combine until small chunks and slightly powdery. Set aside for later use in this recipe.
- In a mixer or by hand cream butter, sugars & egg.
- Add all dry ingredients including the flour/hazelnut mixture from the processor and mix until it form cookie dough
- Add chocolate chips of choice.
- Scoop to bake or roll in parchment paper to freeze for later use.
- Bake cookies at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
¼ cup milk chocolate chips
½ cup dark chocolate
1 peanut butter bar broken up into chunks